855 dollars raised for Direct Relief during the Healing Potion marathon. But that’s not all we’ve gained from this experience. As usually, we scored a bunch of memorable moments, hilarious quotes, and appreciation for new games we’d never played before. And thus, here is a summary blog with a collection of in-jokes from Anthony’s stream compliments of the #HealingPotion hashtag monitoring all the zany antics, some clips of our favorite moments and games from both sides of the marathon, and a general look inside the ever-bending spiral of craziness that is me and Anthony when we stream.
- Bubsy in Claws Encounters Of The Furred Kind (Beaten)
- Hook (Beaten)
- Donald Duck no Mahô no Bôshi (Donald Duck in the Magic Cap) (Beaten)
- Dragon’s Lair (SNES)
- QuackShot: Starring Donald Duck (Beaten)
- Ninja Five-O (Beaten – Easy Mode Only)
- Noobow (Beaten)
- Sabre Wulf
- Jumper (Beaten)
- Tower Of Heaven (Beaten)
- Banishing Racer
- Escape Goat (Beaten) – Special thanks to Indie Gamer Chick for scoring me this game. Check it out at Magical Time Bean.
Note: Both of us raced in Elmo In Grouchland on the Game Boy Color. You can watch Anthony’s run of it here. I won the race, despite a terrible run at that stupid minecart level…
Anthony’s first time playing Bubsy was nothing short of spectacular. As he put it: “It’s Goin’ Bubsy!”. He was stuck on Level 3 for at least an hour, but he finally pulled through and beat this beast. This game started us off, and it was a highlight-fest. One of the craziest, most entertaining beginnings to a stream we’ve ever had. Here are a couple of highlights from this ridiculous game…
- Anthony’s first encounter with the first boss of the game ending before it even began…
- And suddenly, Bubsy went to hell!
Also, this picture happened:
Other Quotes from Bubsy
- “We All Hate Ike!”
- “Go It!” – Bob completely derping in chat. (Little did I know it’d become my new motivational slogan…)
- “Fiery Passion And Fiery Crotch!” – Bob, describing Anthony.
- “ROAST BEEF JIMMY GUSHER!” – Bob
- “It’s like my heart is hard!” – Anthony
- “My dick fell off…” – Anthony
- “Anthony went black, but he was able to go back” – Bob, dealing with Anthony’s stream blackout.
- “The sperm is practically just flowing out” – Anthony
- “My white snake is streaming” – Anthony, while we listened to Whitesnake
- “OH MY GOD GIRAFFE WITH SUNGLASSES!!!” – Anthony
Other Quotes From The Rest Of Anthony’s Stream
- “Shut. The. Fuck. Up.” – Text from Anthony’s Brother
- “Anthony puts himself in terrible situations, than Save States…” – Dave
- “Anthony doesn’t have trouble with chests” – I seriously don’t even remember this one…
- “It turns out… it was a sled all along!” – Bob
- “LNG: The American Idol of Porn” – Bob
- “Anthony, are you having sex with a modem?” – Bob
- “This looks like a level…” – Bob
- “The hat’s freakin’ out, man! THE HAT’S FREAKIN’ OUT!!!” – Bob
Other Random Highlights From Anthony’s Half Of The Marathon
- Hank Hill: Ass And Titties
- Hank Hill: Fuck The Pain Away
- Hank Hill: Touch My Body
- Anthony sings I Believe I Can Fly during Hook
- Ending of Donald Duck no Mahô no Bôshi
- Pizza: FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL
- Bob Has Sex With Christopher Walken
So, I ended up IP banned from the chat for 8 hours for a Kreygasm barrage when Anthony played Dreams of A Shore off the Chrono Cross OST, but we found a way around it by having me on a skype call most of the time. Which turned out to be way more entertaining. Oh, but before that happened… I was able to make EVERYONE join me on a Kreygasm barrage.
By the time I started streaming, I’d already been up for almost 24 hours. So I was tired and loopy, but the stream was a blast. I beat a handful of very different games and had a ton of fun. Here are some random highlights from my half of the stream.
- Important Goat Escapes Prison! – The insane final level of Escape Goat which took me forever to figure out.
- Jumper Win 1: That Laser Field…
- Jumper Win 2: The End – Stream was extremely laggy while I fought this final boss, sorry)
- Dapper Noobow!
- Masturbating Angels
- How Can We Be Lovers… If You’re A Ninja?
- QuackShot Final Boss Pro Strats
This stream was one of the best I’ve ever been a part of. So many amazing moments. Thanks so much to everyone that supported the stream in every way. I hope it was as entertaining for all of you as it was for myself and Anthony. Here’s to more great times in the future!